Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: blender beverage kefir strawberries
Ingredients (2 portions)
- 8 oz. [225 g] organic or pesticide-free strawberries
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar of good quality
- 1/2 teaspoon ultra-fine sugar
- 2 cups [475 ml] plain kefir, possibly homemade
- Agave nectar or honey, to taste (the quantity depending on the sweetness of the strawberries and your personal preference)
Wash strawberries and carve out stem. Place in a bowl, sprinkle balsamic vinegar and sugar, and toss gently. Heat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat that is wider and longer than the sheet, so no juice can escape from any side. Place strawberries on the sheet on a single layer. Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Let strawberries cool completely. They will juice while baking, so when moving them to the blender in the next step, scoop up the juice as well.
Put half the strawberries and juice into the blender, add 1 cup of kefir and a bit of agave nectar. Add a bit more kefir, if you wish, depending on your personal taste in terms of flavor and texture. Blend, taste and adjust sweetener. Pour into a tall glass and serve. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries and the other cup of kefir, or make one portion and store the strawberries for later use.