My Legume Love Affair #31 1
I have the honor of being the host for the January 2011 edition of MLLA, the popular, legume-centered event that is the brainchild of Susan of The Well-Seasoned Cook.
Participation in the event revolves around a recipe that showcases one or more legumes, be it savory or sweet, with or without meat — no restrictions. The legume (or legumes) must be one of the main ingredients, not a minor character.
You can send me a new post or a post from your archive reposted for the occasion. You can submit the recipe to other events as well, and you can send me more than one post (in which case, though, only one submission will be counted towards the random drawing described below). If you have a recipe to share, but not a blog where to post it, send the recipe and other applicable pieces of information to me and I will add it to the roundup. You will also be entered in the drawing.
The post must include a link to this announcement and also to Susan's post containing the host lineup. Use of the beautiful logo, designed by Susan, is optional. (The legumes portrayed in it are black soybeans.)
Example of legumes include (but are not limited to):
- fresh or dried beans of any kind
- chickpeas, ak.a., garbanzo beans (fresh or dried or their flour, a.k.a., besan)
- peas (fresh or dried or their pods)
- fava beans (fresh or dried)
- soy beans (fresh or dried, or their derivative products, like tofu)
- carob beans
- lupini beans
Not an exhaustive list, but it should give you a sense of the wide range of options. Note that in French the word légumes means vegetables, and also legumes. This event is about the second meaning.
To submit your post, send an email to simosite[AT]mac[DOT]com with MLLA entry in the subject and containing the following information:
- Your Name
- Name of Your Blog
- Title and URL of Your Recipe Post
- Your Location (necessary for the second prize described below; let me know if you prefer that I do not disclose it in the roundup)
- Photo of the dish or legume(s) featured in it: Optional (but helpful) and maximum 400 px wide
If you don't have a blog, submit your recipe by sending me an email as described above (except for #2 and #3, which do not apply) with the description of the recipe.
The deadline is Monday, January 31 at noon PST.
If you don't receive an answer to your email or a comment on your post within two days of sending me the email, please contact me again: sometimes email messages get lost in cyberspace. Also, feel free to contact me should you have any questions regarding the event and its rules.
The following prizes will be awarded to one winner via random drawing:
- Any cookbook or food-related book selected from Amazon U.S. valued at not more than 15USD for the book itself. This prize is offered by Susan at her expense, and she will also absorb worldwide shipping charges. F.T.C. Notice: Susan does not receive any compensation from Amazon.
- Hurst Bean Box - A case of six bags of the winner's choice of Hurst Bean products, suitable for every diet, sponsored by Hurst Bean. (Due to shipping restrictions, this prize can only be awarded if the winner is a U.S. resident.) FTC Notice: In May 2010, Susan, at her request, received two Hurst Bean complimentary products which are not available for purchase in her local markets. Susan does not generally accept free products from Hurst Bean nor is she financially compensated by them.
- Drawing Structure - If the winner is a U.S. resident, she/he will be the recipient of both Prizes 1 and 2 above. In the event that an international winner is drawn, a second drawing will be conducted from the U.S. pool of entrants to ensure that the Hurst Prize is awarded every month. In these instances, the international winner will receive the book, and the U.S. winner will receive the Hurst Prize.
1 A note about the title of my post: legumi che passione! is not the literal translation, but my personal rendition of the original My Legume Love Affair.
Oh, nice -- the first 2011 edition of MLLA. And I think I have just the post for it! Can't wait to see all the beautiful bean-y dishes and get new ideas. Happy new year.
Posted by: Lisa | January 01, 2011 at 12:36 PM
Happy New Year dear Simona. I surely have a few posts I have never posted so count me in.
Posted by: Ivy | January 01, 2011 at 09:06 PM
Great, Lisa: i am looking forward to reading your contribution. Buon anno!
Happy New Year to you, dear Ivy. I'd be delighted if you joined the event this month!
Posted by: Simona Carini | January 02, 2011 at 01:27 PM
is the first time I hear about MLLA
i love legumes (what vegetarian doesn't) and can't wait to (find a camera first) submit my entry.
Thanks for hosting, Simona
Have a wonderful week
Posted by: Green Girl @ A little bit of everything | January 02, 2011 at 07:41 PM
This is my first time hearing about MLLA - perhaps I will have to read up more and perhaps enter :) Hope you've had a great New Year. Looking forward to the rest of it - hopefully it won't go as fast as 2010.
Posted by: Anita | January 05, 2011 at 02:51 AM
Hi Green Girl. I am glad you are planning to join the event. Good luck with the camera.
Hi Anita and Happy New Year to you. I hope you will join the event.
Posted by: Simona Carini | January 05, 2011 at 09:40 AM
I just sent you my submission. Thanks so much for hosting this month and I look forward to the roundup.
Posted by: Lisa | January 05, 2011 at 10:11 AM
Ciao Simona e Buon Anno- per partecipare, bisogna per forza mandare una foto? Cinzia
Posted by: Cynthia | January 05, 2011 at 04:00 PM
Thanks, Lisa. I have received your message.
Ciao Cinzia e Buon Anno anche a te. No, non e' necessario.
Posted by: Simona Carini | January 07, 2011 at 09:16 PM
I would like to participate in the event...would send a recipe soon..
Posted by: Account Deleted | January 08, 2011 at 09:22 PM
ci sarò senz'altro, ho già adocchiato una ricettina che mi piacerebe provare!
e buon 2011!
Posted by: cinzia | January 09, 2011 at 10:40 PM
Thanks Roshan for your contribution.
Ciao Cinzia. Mi fa piacere che parteciperai. Ti auguro che il 2011 sia un buon anno.
Posted by: Simona Carini | January 10, 2011 at 07:57 PM
Hello! I have been following this MLLA event for some time and finaly decided to take part.
I have emailed my entry.
Posted by: Dalia | January 11, 2011 at 03:33 AM
Hi! I am rushing to send my entires to this.I love legumes and MLLA too.
Posted by: saumya roy | January 11, 2011 at 06:54 AM
Hi Dalia. I am glad you decided to participate: I received your email.
Hi Saumya and thanks for your contribution.
Posted by: Simona Carini | January 11, 2011 at 03:29 PM
Just sent you my submission. A happy new year to you as well.
Posted by: Aparna | January 12, 2011 at 08:23 AM
Thanks, Aparna. I have received your email.
Posted by: Simona Carini | January 14, 2011 at 09:51 AM
Non posso non esserci, adoro i legumi, ti manderò una mia ricetta! Bacioni!!!
Posted by: speedy70 | January 17, 2011 at 05:54 AM
sent in an entry
Posted by: torviewtoronto | January 18, 2011 at 03:13 PM
Va benissimo. Attendo ulteriori notizie.
Posted by: Simona Carini | January 19, 2011 at 08:52 AM
I have received it, thank you!
Posted by: Simona Carini | January 19, 2011 at 08:52 AM
Just sent you another submission. Happy hosting and best wishes.
Posted by: Lisa | January 24, 2011 at 10:36 AM
Thank you, Lisa!
Posted by: Simona Carini | January 31, 2011 at 10:54 PM