My Legume Love Affair #26 1
Participation in the event revolves around a recipe that showcases one or more legumes, be it savory or sweet, with or without meat — no restrictions. The legume (or legumes) must be one of the main ingredients, not a minor character.
You can send me a new post or a post from your archive reposted for the occasion. You can submit the recipe to other events as well, and you can send me more than one post (in which case, though, only one submission will be counted towards the random drawing described below). If you have a recipe to share, but not a blog where to post it, send the recipe and other applicable pieces of information to me and I will add it to the roundup. You will also be entered in the drawing.
The post must include a link to this announcement and also to Susan's post containing the host lineup. Use of the beautiful logo, designed by Susan, is optional (as a side note, the beans portrayed are butter beans).
Example of legumes include (but are not limited to):
- fresh or dried beans of any kind
- chickpeas, a.k.a., garbanzo beans (fresh or dried or their flour, a.k.a., besan)
- peas (fresh or dried or their pods)
- fava beans
- soy beans (fresh or dried or their derivative products, like tofu)
- carob beans
- lupini beans
Not an exhaustive list, but it should give you a sense of the wide range of options. Note that in French the word légumes means vegetables, and also legumes. This event is about the second meaning.
To submit your post, send an email to simosite[AT]mac[DOT]com with MLLA entry in the subject and containing the following information:
- Your Name
- Name of Your Blog
- Title and URL of Your Recipe Post
- Your Location (necessary for the second prize described below; let me know if you prefer that I do not disclose it in the roundup)
- Photo: Optional (but helpful) and maximum 400 px wide
If you don't have a blog, submit your recipe by sending me an email as described above (except for #2 and #3, which do not apply) with the description of the recipe.
The deadline is Monday, August 31 at noon PDT.
If you don't receive an answer to your email or a comment on your post within two days of sending me the email, please contact me again: sometimes email messages get lost in cyberspace. Also, feel free to contact me should you have any questions regarding the event and relevant rules.
The following prizes will be awarded to one winner via random drawing:
- Randomly selected without influence and purchased by Susan (shipped worldwide): The Ultimate Ice Cream Book: Over 500 Ice Creams, Sorbets, Granitas, Drinks, and More by Bruce Weinstein. Susan does not receive any compensation from Amazon.
- Hurst Bean Box - A case of six bags of the winner's choice of Hurst Bean products, suitable for every diet, provided by Hurst Bean. (Due to shipping restrictions, this prize can only be awarded if the winner is a U.S. resident.) FTC Notice: In May 2010, Susan, at her request, received two Hurst Bean complimentary products which are not available for purchase in her local markets. Susan does not generally accept free products from Hurst Bean nor is she financially compensated by them.
1 A note about the title of my post: legumi che passione! is not the literal translation, but my personal rendition of the original My Legume Love Affair.